There was a benefit concert last night in Abilene, and they ended up raising more than $1,000 for a local children's home (Hendrick Home for Children). After the show we were talking to some of the people who helped organize it, and I was in amazement with myself. I was listening to them talking about planning it and the frustrations they had, and I was jealous. I was jealous that they got to plan such a fun event and I just got to attend.
Adriane and I were talking afterward about possibly trying to help them next year and how we could help, etc., and we were talking about how we felt bad because they were nursing majors so they didn't have a lot of connections in town but they still did a really good job and then we realized that they really did something for someone else. A bunch of nursing majors got together and decided money needed to be raised for some kids at Hendrick Home for Children, and they actually did it.
They didn't talk about it for a couple of days and then decide that they were too busy with finals. They followed through. Very impressive. And now they've inspired me to try and think of something I can do locally to help out. Any ideas are welcomed.
No comments:
Post a Comment