Sunday, June 15, 2008

I think I'm Ok

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited about New York. To be completely honest right now, no I'm not. I cried off and on all the way from Abilene to Fort Worth yesterday, and then I cried off and on all night. It was really hard to leave. I knew it would be, but all of the sudden I realized that I quit my perfectly good job, left all my friends and the town I have lived in for the last seven years, which has most definitely felt like my real home. I know a lot of my friends rag on Abilene, and I do too at times, but when it comes down to it I did love Abilene. I'm just not sure I love it being single and 25 anymore.

So I'm embarking on a journey that's taking me 1,600 miles away from my friends and family and starting over. What am I doing??? Last night I couldn't even handle being in a trailer alone that's about 100 yards from my dad and Pam. Sure last night was just an overwhelmed feeling and eventually things will be ok. Nothing a trip to Target can't fix...except there was a fire at the Mansfield Target yesterday! Is that a sign??? Thankfully it was just some shopping carts (I think in storage) that got burned.

I met with some people last night that seemed really excited about my car. They test drove it and talked up a storm with me and my dad. The lady gave me a thumbs up as she walked away, but I guess her husband didn't like it because they called me later to tell me they were no longer interested. I guess at least I know now.

Life at the trailer has been interesting so far. My dad brought me over a TV so I'm not completely cut off. I haven't been able to pick up his wireless signal yet, but I'm hoping that he can fix that; otherwise I'll be at his trailer more than he or I thought! I realized last night that I'll need food hence my NEED for a trip to Super Target. I spent the night unpacking my necessities and trying to get settled in so that I didn't feel so cramped. I also realized as I was thinking about how small my space was that it's completely possible this trailer could be bigger than an apartment I can afford in NYC, and then I started crying again. Haha. I promise I will be ok. I think I'm still in shock. Maggie's enjoying it so far. She's not allowed in my dad's trailer because Pam's allergic so right now she's standing at the screen door waiting for me. On our walk over to the trailer, she rolled on a bug and got completely covered in dirt. All of this would be fine and I would give her a bath and get over it except I gave her Advantix yesterday, so I can't give her a bath until at least tomorrow. So my dog is filthy.

So this is my life right now. I'm going to see if I can find some sort of activities to keep myself busy. Feel free to come by the trailer and visit!

3 comments:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Awe, Melody! When I left Abilene to move to College Station I cried almost the entire way. It's hard making a big move away from everyone you know. But I know you will be absolutely fabulous in New York!

Rachael said...

Hey Mel! It was sad to leave Abilene wasn't it? It will always be such a special place. Don't forget that we are in the same area now! Let's plan something sometime soon : )

Delonybro said...

At least you know you have an amazing support network that's constantly praying for you! That's a lot more that most people have...