Just to keep everyone on their toes, I have moved again. I'm now living in Fort Worth with my friend Brooke who has graciously taken me and Maggie in. My brother-in-law decided that Maggie's hair was going to be too much to handle in their trailer, so Maggie and I moved. Monday, I spent the day at Richland Hills COC helping get ready for Summer Spectacular (their version of VBS) and laminating and organizing nametags for Pam's camp this week...600 nametags. I ended up babysitting for my sister's friend yesterday, and I'm babysitting for them again Monday-Wednesday. Today I'm hanging out and possibly getting offers from dealerships on my car and then babysitting again Friday and Saturday for my sister. So I'm keeping fairly busy here.
Sunday night I went to what my dad and Pam called a "jam." I had no idea what I was in for. All they told me was that a group of their friends get together every Sunday night and play music, eat and then play gospel music. So I agree to go along thinking that it's a handful of people with guitars, and when I arrived I realized how wrong I was. It was about 10 people set up with guitars, violins, piano, mandolin, penny whistle, upright bass and I'm sure I'm missing other instruments all complete with microphones and official song books. They asked my dad if he would sing along during the first part, so I got to hear my dad sing Elvis with a bluegrass band. It was awesome. Wendy Kilmer's parents were also a part of this group, so it was good to see them. Wendy's mom played the penny whistle (at least that's what I think it was called!).
So no progress on any NYC plans at the moment other than Tiffany Taylor being awesome and giving me some great information about neighborhoods in Brooklyn. I am having fun being at home right now, and I can't believe how busy I've been.
No comments:
Post a Comment