Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Perfect Day

I took a really long nap today, and during this nap I had a dream of my perfect day. For some reason Deborah, Adriane and I were in Phoenix. Not really sure why my head picked Phoenix, but it did. We were at a Reel Big Fish concert. I like their music, but I'm not such a fan that I would be in Phoenix at a concert. It was a lot of fun and they were doing a lot of funny stuff in their show. We had backstage passes, kind of like in Wayne's World, so we went back to meet the band. Except we weren't meeting Reel Big Fish, we were meeting U2!!! We got in, but I'm not sure how, and then we got to shake hands with the band except Adam wasn't there it was just Larry, The Edge and Bono. So I just politely say, I'm Melody, nice to meet you until I get to Bono. Then I say "I'm Melody, nice to meet you. Would it be ok if I hugged you?" Bono laughed and said "of course you can get a hug." Then I walk away jumping up and down to Adriane and Deb saying "I didn't act like a freak! I acted normal!!!" A few minutes later I accidentally got locked out of backstage which was the equivalent of a hotel ballroom and tried knocking on the door. I knocked three times to get back in but I could hear a lady on the other side saying to someone else inside "but it's not the secret knock, the secret knock is twice." I kept trying to knock again, but my knocks weren't loud enough. Adriane accidentally wandered outside as well, but Deborah was still inside.

I was a little nervous that Deborah was getting to do something cool that we weren't going to be a part of. So Adriane did the secret knock on another part of the door, and someone opened it. But the band was gone, and Deborah was just getting coffee. We decided to leave, and as we were leaving it was like a cheap motel with a pool outside. But the concert was going on in a stadium beside the pool, and the backstage hotel ballroom was behind wooden doors behind the pool. We were remarking at what a great time it was to meet the band when Adriane said "look aren't those the birds you like because they look like penguins?" And I looked up and said "no, those are penguins!" Suddenly, there were penguins in the pool in front of us and penguins up in the sky sliding down this tree. But it wasn't a normal tree. It looked like someone had built them a fake tree and in the tree, they had built zig-zag slides that look like mashed down leaves. We stayed there watching the penguins play until I woke up.

Sad but true, this is my perfect day.

1 comment:

Adriane Jewett said...

hahaha...what a weird dream!