Tuesday, February 26, 2008

GF Days

I am officially on my gluten-free diet, and tonight it will be pretty much a week. I say pretty much because I accidentally ate wheat on Sunday night, and I had a stomach ache later that night and woke up in the middle of the night with the stomach ache again. I went home this weekend for my friend Sara's wedding shower. The end of last week was a little rough; so I told myself that if I ended up breaking my GF diet, it would be ok. Well it wasn't that hard to do in reality, so I ended up making it all the way until dinner Sunday night. Brooke and I went to Pei Wei, and I got fried rice. Who knew soy sauce had wheat in it???

I did hit the jack pot last night at the United on South 14th. Robyn had told me they had GF stickers by stuff that was gluten free, and by golly she was right. I felt like a kid in a candy store, which is sad because I didn't feel like I should have been that excited about finding gluten-free stuff, but I was. They had bread mixes, cream of buckwheat (which sounds very interesting...), an equivalent to nutrigrain bars, cocoa rice bars, waffles, pancake mix and flour that I can use for baking. It was very exciting.

Other exciting news...Adriane and I ordered package sharks in January, and they arrived yesterday...in packages that you need a package shark to open. We got one package open and used the package shark to open the second one. It was not as easy as it was advertised. I don't know if it takes practice or what, but we had difficulty. The other crappy thing that happened is I picked up the package after we opened it to look at it, and the package gave me about a deep, half-inch cut on my thumb! So it's got some making up to do.

No comments: