Monday, December 10, 2007

I don't know what I did...

I don't know what I did, but I did something very wrong. I finally remembered to put some pictures on my flash drive so that I could get them printed out and put them in some empty frames. I got to Wal-Mart, found some headphones to replace the two pairs that I have lost, and headed to the photo kiosk. Typically, the experience at the photo kiosk is frustrating because someone is at the one kiosk that prints the pictures right there printing out six months worth of pictures. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is a second one now that prints right there so you don't have to wait.

I printed my pictures easily and was surprised at the quality of them. I took my pictures to the counter to ask for my receipt so I could pay for them up front. The lady took the picture of my family from our vacation from me and said "where is this?" and I said "in Grand Cayman" and she said "is this a professional picture?" Well me being the naive person I am thought she was asking because it was a cool picture on the beach with a sunset behind us. I said "well he's a friend of the family, but yes he is a professional." She took a couple of steps back (so I couldn't punch her in the nose) and said "you can't print this picture it's copyright." So I said "oh no, I misunderstood your question. It's not a professional picture that we paid for, he was just on vacation the same time we were and so he took some pictures of our family for us." She said "you still have to get a release from the photographer." I quickly realized I wasn't going to get anywhere and so I asked for her supervisor. And she said "that's what we're supposed to do anyway..."

So her supervisor comes in and listens to her story first and then tells me they can't give me the picture. I said "it's not a copyrighted picture, he just took the picture for us. We posed, he took the picture. He just happens to be a professional photographer, but this wasn't a job for him." So we go round and round, and so I go to the front to talk to a manager. They go back and forth, and now the photo department has thrown the pictures away. So I said "ok, I would like for you to reprint the pictures for free." Well no one there at 6:30 p.m. has the authority to make that decision, so I have to come back or call in the morning. Sheesh! So finally I give up, pay for my headphones, making sure that I rub the headphones on the star so that the censor doesn't go off at the door. I leave, and the censor goes off.

I make it to CVS to print my pictures there. It takes about a minute, the guy gave me a folder for my pictures and I checked out. The pictures didn't print out as well as at Wal-Mart, but at this point, who really cares. I make it home and open my headphones. The right ear phone has about three inches of wire. The left ear phone has about 15! So I think, oh it just needs to be adjusted. Nope, quality control did not exist for the headphones. So unless someone's left ear is a foot higher than their right ear, these headphones won't fit anyone. I think about going back to Wal-Mart and returning them during Christmas shopping season and instead decide to call the company directly and see if they'll just send me a new pair. It could happen. I find the customer service number, I get the serial number and my receipt, and call. The lady tells me that she is very sorry but there's another number to call for headphones. I get that number and call, and they are closed! They are only open until 9 p.m. EST and it was 8:42 p.m. CST.

Like I said, I don't know what I did wrong, but obviously I have some bad karma out there.

1 comment:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Man, I got super frustrated just reading that!