I arrived on Christmas Day in San Francisco, and Melissa and David picked me up from the airport and then we went back to their house. We did make a stop at Treasure Island and took a few pictures. When we got to the house her dad made a prime rib roast; so we opened up presents while lunch finished and then ate our Christmas lunch. A couple hours later we had to go back to the airport to drop off her parents. It was a pretty chill night just hanging out at the house after that. David gave me the rundown of the city while we were driving so I had a basic knowledge of what was up.
On Wednesday Melissa and David had to work. I slept in and then took the Bart (Bay Area Rapid Transportation) into the city. Melissa and David live about an hour outside of San Francisco so it's not a bad ride. When I arrived at the Bart station it was really warm so I contemplated whether or not I should even take my jacket to the city. I decided to go ahead since I might be there at night time. I rode the Bart with my jacket and got off at the stop where Melissa works. It was FREEZING! And I only brought a very light jacket. I quickly found somewhere to eat (La Salsa Mexican Grill), and then found a mall at the Embarcadero Center. Thank goodness. I bought some work clothes and a sweater to wear under my light jacket and a scarf. Melissa was planning on taking off early so I figured shopping was a good way to kill time, and of course, I spent way too much money. Melissa and I went to Blockbuster, rented some movies and then went home and made dinner.
The next day David was supposed to be at work, but his boss let him off early. I was already on the Bart when I heard from David. We decided that I would go ahead to the city without him and he might join up with me later. About two minutes later he called me back because he remembered that I had his house key. So I got off the Bart turned around and went back to their stop. I learned a valuable lesson though. Because I didn't exit a different station and go back in to get back on the train, I was charged $4.65 instead of $2.80. It was a suck lesson to learn, but it was ok because then David ended up driving me into the city. We picked up Melissa for lunch and ate at Pier 39 at the Wipe Out Bar and Grill. We dropped Melissa back off at work, and David gave me the official tour, we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Marin Headlands, Hippie Hill, where Melissa and David got engaged, Haight Street, Alamo Square (where the Full House intro is shot), Ocean Beach, Justin Herman Plaza (where U2 played in San Francisco on the Rattle and Hum DVD). The Justin Herman Plaza was pretty funny because we walked by it and I said "oh this looks like where U2 played on their Rattle and Hum DVD." I decided that I wanted to find the real place where they played, so I called my sister bt she couldn't remember, Scott tried googling it for us but we thought he said the Douglas Herman plaza. When we got home, we googled it and figured out that it was the Justin Herman Plaza where I originally was! So now I have to go back and take my picture there.
Obviously we have been busy, but having lots of fun! I'll post pictures later...
No comments:
Post a Comment