Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fry Crazy

On Saturday I bought a deep fryer. This is not my first experience with one. Growing up that's how my dad made a majority of our meals...even breakfast. I'd been wanting one for a while and after Scott bought one, I knew I had to get my own. The problem is that now I want to fry everything. I bought some popcorn shrimp and was getting ready to put it in the oven when I saw deep fry directions on the back. Adriane and Deborah stopped me from that one. Since Saturday in my deep fryer I have made salmon patties, donuts and french fries. One fried thing a day. That's my new motto. So next time you see me, and I have gained 100 pounds, please know it's the fryer's fault.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Depends on what kind of oil you use. We made donuts in China and it totally made our day. My mom used to make fries and season them with Lawry's season salt, but I sure do like the ones they make at In N Out Burger. My Aussie and French friend all commented on how we made chips- evidentially they are sissies and bake them.

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

I think you should go "fair style."
1. Fried Twinkie
2. Fried Coke (good luck with that one)

Then you should go "Sigma Pi Phi Style"
1. Fried pickled oysters
2. Fried spider (found creeping around the living room--a good punishment I think)
3. Fried neighbor's cat (Speckles needs to learn his boundaries)