Monday, September 17, 2007

Crazy Eight

Thanks to Wendy...here are eight random pieces of information about me...
  1. I hate lettuce because I think it tastes bad. Everyone always tells me that there's no taste, but to me there's a taste. Pretty much like dirt.
  2. I think a lot of people know this about me, but I'm blind in my right eye. You can't usually tell unless I'm really tired. I'm not completely blind, just legally blind. It's like having peripheral vision as my central vision except really fuzzy peripheral vision. What it really means is that my depth perception is not so great, and I run into walls and other things when I'm really tired.
  3. I have three tattoos. A butterfly on my back that I got just because I was 18 and could get a tattoo. Footprints on my ankle that I got after my mom died for the Footprints in the Sand story...yes a little corny I know. Then my third one is a two parter. I got a heart a year after I got my butterfly at the same tattoo shop that I got my butterfly. I knew it wasn't complete but I wasn't sure what I wanted. So when my boss and the rest of my office decided to get tattoos I knew I wanted to add on to my heart. Then I realized that I wanted to put a suitcase around the heart which is a symbol from one of the U2 tours. It means when you die all you can take with you is your heart.
  4. I started playing the piano when I was 7. I didn't really play for about six years, but then I started playing again when I moved my piano to Abilene this summer.
  5. I have traveled to nine countries: England, Scotland, France, Italy, Switzerland, Grand Cayman, The Bahamas, Canada and of course Mexico. I love Europe and can't wait to go back soon.
  6. I want to live at the beach one day...I think. I think it would be cool to always have the ocean nearby, but I don't like hurricanes, muggy weather or sharks...so maybe it's not a good idea.
  7. I love Days of our Lives, but I hate shows like the OC, One Tree Hill, etc...basically teen dramas. I think the reason I like Days of our Lives is because my mom watched it when she stayed home with me. So it's more of a nostalgic factor than the fact that I love the show. I have to admit some of the story lines are horrible at times.
  8. I'm a U2 freak. Who doesn't know this about me really? I've seen them three times in concert, which is actually a really big deal because it means I've seen them every time they've toured since I was 14. So I've seen them at age 14, 18 and 22, and I will hopefully see them again at age 26 (eek! 26???). I think that they do a great job using their influence for good instead of being selfish with it. I'm sure that they have expensive houses and cars and ridiculous things that you and I could never even dream of owning, but they don't focus everything on them. I also like their music.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I am so glad I am not the only person who thinks lettuce tastes bad!