Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bikes and Bono

I bought a new bike while I was home in Mansfield, and it's amazing. It's a street bike, and I go really fast. That's what makes it cool. It really doesn't take much to make me happy with a bike. I've been riding it to work most days and even on the weekends and after work. The other night Deb and I rode about 6 miles, and the only reason we stopped is because it got dark and Deb doesn't have a bike light. What a loser. Just kidding.

I started getting Time magazine, and there was an essay by Bono in this month's issue. It was about how Europe will be defined by how it decides to help or not help Africa, which I think also applies to the U.S. But what was most interesting about this essay was the part where he said that you find yourself in service to others, not the self. Hmmmm, I wonder where he got that philosophy.

No comments: