Wednesday, March 21, 2007

You get what you get...

Livvy has a profound new saying. You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit. She learned the saying from her pre-school teachers, and what's great is that Shelley catches Livvy saying it to herself when things don't go her way. She also tells it to Brent and her Aunt Mel and pretty much anyone else. She's soooo bossy. I don't know anyone else in our family like that...haha! Apparently Livvy is a lot like me, which I find extremely funny seeing how she's Shelley's (the perfect child) daughter. When I was younger I was a pack rat and my room was always a disaster. I would get all of my dolls out at one time and leave them all over the house. I bossed everyone around and could pull out the tears whenever I needed them. And apparently, Liv does all of the above.

So anyway, I started thinking about it, and Livvy's phrase really does apply to life in so many ways. God is always telling us to be content, and he always takes care of us. Just this week I was thinking how nice it would be to get some babysitting jobs to get a little extra cash flow this month. Yesterday I had two people call to book me for babysitting jobs this week. He always takes care of us, and he always has a better plan for our lives than any plan we could imagine for ourselves. I'm going to try and remind myself daily that you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit.

Thanks Liv.

No comments: