The rain didn't start until Sunday afternoon, and there was supposed to be hail. So somehow I convinced Scott to come over and park my car in the garage for me (I really was worried about my dept perception problem!). So later I called to ask if he would give me a ride to go get food. He agreed on the condition that we also went to Wal-Mart.
As soon as Scott picked me up there was a downpour. We got to Wal-Mart with one umbrella. Scott asked me to come around and get him with the umbrella, and I honestly tried to, but in the process I pulled the umbrella away from him so he made a run for it. I forged the river of the parking lot trying to keep my jeans and my purse wet. Five minutes later I met him at the entrance. It was raining so hard that we could barely hear each other in Wal-Mart. We got all the way to the end of our trip when I decided that I was going to make homemade salsa so I had to get some fresh ingredients. Then Scott decided to make stuffed jalepenos. So we decided to forget our plan of picking something up and make nachos with our salsa and stuff jalepenos.
We stopped by my house to pick up the blender and some of the spices I needed. Once we got back in the car, Scott's car wouldn't start back up. The distributor cap was wet. We sat in the car for at least five minutes while he tried to start it. I had given up on the car when a miracle happened and it actually started and kept running. The only problem was that we couldn't really stop at stop signs. At times it felt like we were just barely coasting.
Three hours later we ate dinner after I freaked out about missing the beginning of Desperate Housewives and then realized it was a rerun. It was quite a night, and needless to say I felt a little responsible...but the food was really good!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a good weekend. The rain was crazy though. We need to have a Office night again soon!! See you tonight.
Post a Comment