I finally made it out to Coney Island today. I went with some Math Department friends, and we had a good time. I rode the Cyclone expecting it to be kind of a rinky-dink ride, but it was kind of intense! I liked it! I think we did all the Coney Island experiences. We had lunch at Nathan's, and then I felt sick the rest of the day. We walked the boardwalk and even stuck our feet in the water. The water was pretty cold, and the beach was disgustingly dirty. We played carnival games including the one where you hit a target with a mallet and see if you can get 100 on the strength meter. You got three times, and every time I hit 66. At least I was consistent. We played skeeball and traded in our tickets for toys. Three of us got tops in honor of Inception. We stopped and got churros. Some of the guys rode the bumper cars. What was amazing about the bumper cars were the employees. They ride on the back of the cars to get to people who need help, and they jump from car to car sometimes jumping over people. It was fascinating to watch until Jesse and I turned around and realized the ride behind us had turned on. It was a ride with cars that circled in the air and swooped down. They definitely weren't close enough to actually hit us, but it was close enough to make us extremely uncomfortable. After that the boys grabbed some more Nathan's and we took the D train back to Manhattan. It was a fun day.
Just to prove I was on the trip because I'm not in any other pictures. This is me and Zach on the D train.
No comments:
Post a Comment