Thursday, August 12, 2010

Weight Rant

This morning I saw a segment about how now people think Jessica Simpson looked too skinny in a magazine cover. Seriously? First she's too fat, now she's too skinny??? Why are girls constantly attacked for their weight, and guys are completely left alone. Think of all the fat guys in Hollywood. Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Kevin James. These guys make money off being fat. Then there are the guys that are super skinny like Michael Cera. (He's the only super skinny guy I can think of right now, but I know there are more!) Why are these guys never criticized about their weight? Why don't we ever put them under a microscope. Why just the girls??? This is what makes me afraid to have children because I might have a daughter and have to teach her that her body is beautiful however it is. What if I can't teach her that lesson? I never worry about having a boy if I have children. I hate our world. I promise the next post will be more positive.

No comments: