Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thank Goodness for Yoga

My boss was out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Most of our days have been spent just sitting around because it's summer, and there's nothing to do. While we were eating lunch, I was facing Shavonn's desk and out of the corner of my eye I swore I saw something run across the floor between the wall and a desk. I convinced myself it was a roach instead of a mouse, although in the end they might be equally as bad in my brain, and went on with my day.

Our coworker from downstairs, Laurent, came up and was just chatting with me and Shavonn. Something happened, and I leaned over to get something in a weird position, and Laurent commented on how flexible I am. This, believe it or not, is a true statement. I don't look like I'd be a flexible person, but by some miracle (I attribute yoga), I am. I got down on the floor and showed them a few twisty yoga stretches where you end up flat on the group, but you're all twisted up. I convinced Laurent to try it, and he did pretty well for his first time.

All of this led to how I ended my day at work yesterday...

Later that day, Shavonn and I were sitting in the office. There was NOTHING to do as usual, so I was watching TV online, and Shavonn was on the phone. All of the sudden, Shavonn screams and yells "move, move, there's a mouse, there's a mouse!" While screaming, I immediately pulled my feet up onto my chair and pushed my chair away from my desk. She said it had come out from our boss' office and run towards my desk. I wasn't taking any chances. I slid my chair back over to my desk, put my hands on my arm rests and pushed myself up off the chair and onto the desk feet first then doing a sort of back bend off the chair and onto the desk. Then I had to keep my feet on one part of the desk (I have a U-shaped desk) while I shut down my computer, cleared off my desk and grabbed my stuff. We didn't care what time it was, we were out of there. I think it was 4:15ish so it was close enough to 5 p.m. that I didn't care.

No comments: