Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Breaking Away

Last night was the weekly film festival at Bryant Park. I love taking people who haven't been before. We were celebrating our friend Jessica's birthday, but Jessica ended up not making it to dinner. We decided to keep on celebrating so after dinner we headed to Bryant Park. It was me, Claudia and Teresa, and Teresa had never been before even though she's lived in NYC for four years now. We grabbed some seats and waited for the movie to start. It was breaking away with Dennis Quaid and a bunch other people. It was about a rivalry between the college students in Bloomington, Indiana, and the locals. At the end there's a big bicycle race, and the locals (the "cutters") are racing for their pride. Of course the end of the race is neck and neck, and this guy near us jumped up and yelled "let's go Cutters!" Then the whole crowd started cheering for the Cutters. It was hilarious. When the Cutters won at the end of the race, the whole park cheered again. I had so much fun. It was raining for the second week in a row, but not enough to keep us from sitting out there. I really hope next week is better weather. I feel like it has rained every day in June. It hasn't really, but it's been close.

I'm trying to run more these days and stay in better shape. Now that I'm not commuting as much it seems like I'm not getting as much exercise. It's weird though because I walk almost a mile to and from work every day, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I'm still looking for new apartments and talking to potential roommates. I'm going to meet up with a girl and look at her apartment this week. She goes to my church and knows some of my friends. She also loves dogs so that's a plus.

Our new football team had our second game on Sunday, and we won again. This time it was more of a blowout. The score was something like 36-6. It didn't look good at first because the first play of the game they threw a deep pass and ended up right in front of the endzone. We kept them out of it that drive though and after that the ball just went our way every time. Aubrey and Matt are coming for a vacation, and I am so excited to see them! Brooke B. is also coming next week, and I'm excited to see her as well. It's going to be a good summer!

No comments: