I haven't blogged in a while because I have been waiting out some big news, but now I can freely talk about it! I just accepted a position at Columbia University as an Administrative Assistant in the Mathematics Department. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am! My benefits are beyond amazing especially my time off. I know I'm being a bit dramatic here, but I did not expect to find something this great. If I can get accepted into a program there for grad school, my tuition will be FREE! My health insurance is free along with many other wonderful benefits. Thanks to everyone who helped me get the job! It's really close to my apartment so hopefully I'll be able to just walk to work. When I say hopefully I mean hopefully I can get myself out of bed in enough time to walk to work. I feel like this is another step closer to my master's degree.
I haven't been up to much the last couple of weeks...way too much shopping, baking and hanging out. Claudia and I went to a small group with Redeemer Presbyterian, and we really liked the group. It meets just a few buildings down from mine at a couple's apartment, and I ran into the wife the other night on the street. It's nice to know just a few people in the neighborhood.
Claudia and I went shopping last night, and we went to the semi-annual sale at Bath and Body. We looked around and found just a few things worthy of buying. There were two people ahead of us in line so we got in line. We were in line for a few minutes, and I was facing the back of the store talking to Claudia. One lady stepped out of line to keep shopping, and another register opened up. The clerk said "next in line" so I stepped over, and I hear this girl behind me go "Ugh, hello I was next in line!" I turn around to see a girl (who was not standing there before) in line behind Claudia! So she was behind me and Claudia trying to claim she was next, and they were standing a few feet behind us. I swear to you they were not there when we got in line because we walked through that area to get into line, and we were standing behind the other lady in line...SO if they were in line before us, then why didn't they say something to us about cutting in front of them when we were standing where there was no merchandise to look at??? They were also about five feet back from where we got in line behind the lady, so again, if they were there before us, why did they leave such a big gap in the line??? I turned and said "Um, no I was next in line." She looked at her friend and said "whatever, it doesn't matter, but we've been standing back here in line before you. You have to wait your turn." I just went on to the register, and Claudia said "Oh Melody, is that how lines work? You have to stand in them and wait your turn?" I thought there was about to be a throw down in the middle of Bath and Body. I know Claudia and I would have won, but thankfully for the other girls, there was no throw down.
2 comments:
Congrats, I am so excited for you!!!
congrats!
Post a Comment