It's not very often when I watch Jeopardy that I know the answer to a question that's not a pop culture category. Every once and a while I do know the answer to an academic question though. Last night the answer I knew was "In a literary work when the reader knows more than the character." I was saying "duh, dramatic irony" (yes, I like to say the answers outloud as if I could possibly win some money) when I realized that none of the players knew the answer! Maybe when you're that smart you forget the simple answers like dramatic irony.
There's a girl from the small group that Claudia and I went to that I keep running into in my neighborhood. The small group meets just a few buildings down from me, and I was laughing with the hosts about how we must have passed each other on the street a hundred times. I have now run into her twice in the last two weeks. The first time was last week while I was doing laundry. The laundromat is just across the street from me so even though it was only 20 degrees outside I just ran over in my sweatshirt with some cash in my pocket. While my stuff was drying I thought it'd be a good idea to multitask and go to the corner store to get milk. The one right beside the laundromat didn't have the milk I like so I thought I'd run up to Broadway (a bit further) to a supermarket. On my way up the street I ran into Erica (the girl from my small group). We ended up talking so long that I decided I didn't have time to go to Broadway so I went to a corner store at the next street and found out that they have my milk cheaper than anywhere else I've found it in the city! The other night at church we were remarking on how we had run into each other, and Erica was making fun of me for only having a sweatshirt on when it was so cold outside. So last night I was watching the Bachelor (yes, I'm hooked for the first time ever on this show), and I needed milk. I didn't want to wait until after the Bachelor because it was going to be too late. I waited until it got to a segment that I wasn't that interested in, threw on my sweatshirt because I didn't feel like putting on my coat and ran up to the corner store for my cheap milk. I'm walking up the street when I hear "Melody?" It was Erica again! It was almost the exact same place on the street too, and she caught me in 20-degree weather with only a sweatshirt. Haha. I'm not sure I'll live that down with her or ever convince her that I wear warm clothes when I should.
P.S. I hope you noticed that the fact that I knew the answer at home, but the contestants did not, was dramatic irony. Haha.
3 comments:
Do you buy little milks?
Haha no. I drink about a gallon a week.
girl, I hope you are wearing my puffy vest to keep warm!
Post a Comment