Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Labor Pains

I have a little like a nine-month pregnant woman lately. I went to the doctor last week because I thought I was having gall bladder pains. Turns out it's my liver. Maybe I should have paid more attention in Biology. So they ordered some blood tests for me but told me to wait until I was having the pain again to go get my blood drawn. So for the last week I have been paying close attention to my stomach pains determining if they're in the right spot. I hadn't had any of the pains, but the area had been really sore especially at night. So every night before I fell asleep I would lie awake thinking "is this the pain or is it just sore?" And it reminded me of my sister going "is this labor or just random pain?" Every time I had any kind of pain around someone they would say, "do we need to go to the hospital?" Hence why I felt like a pregnant woman. Finally today I had the pain. I waited a few minutes, and it happened again. I prayed for the pain to happen one more time a little stronger just so I could be sure, and it happened. I literally got dressed as fast as possible (I had just gotten out of the shower) and sped to the lab. I was so afraid that by the time I got there I would be feeling great (yes I know most people would want to feel better but in my case, I just want them to find something wrong so that we can figure this mess out). I was definitely still having some pain when I got to the lab. They took my blood, and now I'm waiting. Maybe I'm not exactly like a nine-month pregnant woman, but it felt close.

No comments: