Saturday, April 26, 2008

Isn't Life Grand?

Today we had a garage sale, and I sold pieces of my life. I only cried once, which is amazing these days, and it was over a painting a bought at Wal-Mart!!! Oh you just never know what will get you. I'm not sure how this happened, but after only three hours of sleep, preparing for a garage sale, having a garage sale and cleaning up after a garage sale somehow I was in the mood to clean! I've been trying to clean out things bit by bit as I get ready to move, but tonight was serious cleaning out. In my cleaning spurt I found a box which I knew contained stuff that was really sentimental to me, but tonight when I opened it, I suddenly realized that my life is AWESOME.

Not to brag, but mainly to remind myself, I have done amazing things some of which I am extremely proud of and some I am not but don't regret. I studied abroad in England when I was 19! That already seems like a lifetime ago. I had an actual love affair with a British boy. I kissed a British boy in the pouring down rain in Oxford, England. Tonight when I opened the box of his letters, pictures and other stuff from that time I thought I did that...wooooo hoooooo! And not to mention that two years later I spent the summer in Italy with an amazing church. God is good, and I am a spoiled child of his.

Other items in the box included an apology note from Ross Baldwin. The week I moved into my first rental house out of the dorms, I believe we got locked out of the house. Ross being the incredible genius he is (it's a joke Ross!) decided to go through the attic to get inside which sounds like a good idea...unless you're running through the attic for some reason. Ross missed a step and his foot landed through the ceiling right as the rest of us walked through the front door. Phil Smith thought it was a monster...nice. The next day Phil, Bret, Ross and I all went to Edgefest. We were literally halfway there when Phil looked at me and said "um" and I looked at him and said "you left the tickets in Abilene, didn't you?" He did. Hahaha. Man I miss those days sometimes when we had no responsibilities and we could turn around and get the tickets without it affecting anyone else break the bank getting more gas. But they sure make me laugh remembering them.

Also in this box are some of the sweetest notes from friends encouraging me during the first year after my mom died. To everyone who was there for me then and there for me now, you are all truly amazing people, and I think that the only reason I am semi-sane today is because you were always there supporting me.

And who can forget that New York is coming up. I cannot imagine being more ready for a new adventure, but I am sad to leave this adventure behind.

Good times...then, now and soon to come.

2 comments:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

I remember the "Ross through the ceiling" story...I think I might have been there. Good times. Hey, we will have to visit each other! I've never been to New York...seems like a perfect excuse!

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure you were in the attic with Ross!