Do you ever get hooked on a song and you listen to it over and over and over and still never get tired of it? Right now that song for me is The Heart of Life by John Mayer. For the last year it's been Marching Bands of Manhattan by Death Cab for Cutie...and possibly even the entire Plans CD. I never liked their stuff that much before Plans. Anyway I have played The Heart of Life 12 times at work since yesterday, which means, I have listened to 40 minutes of The Heart of Life in less than 10 hours. Sheesh.
The Heart of Life
I hate to see you cry
Laying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
So turn off your tears and listen
Pain throws you heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way, it should
But I know the heart of life is good
You know it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
But then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way, it should
But I know the heart of life is good
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good
I know it's good
1 comment:
Yeah--it was a bit busy last week but it is tapering off. So far my plan is to come the weekend of June 29th. Robin and I are trying to coordinate a time we both can be in Abilene.
Post a Comment