I've decided doing the right thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. Oh sure, it's the right thing to do, but it's not what I want to do.
What I want to do is be incredibly selfish and not care about the consequences. I'd like to go back to the days of being three when someone would take your toy, and it was completely acceptable for you to kick them and run away. There are a couple of people that I would like to kick and run away, but apparently as an adult, it's not appropriate. Whatever.
I'd like to tell some people what's really on my mind and where they can stick the crap they've given me over the last year or so. I'd like to also tell them that as I'm telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine, that I am in fact a nice person, I've just been pushed too far for too long.
Instead of kicking someone and running away or telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine, I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Smile, apologize and keep going, which only adds to the problem of my frustration. But apparently, that's the right thing to do.
And all this frustration is beginning to wear me down. So I'm sorry I'm not who I used to be. If I find the old Melody who was a little more carefree, I'll send her your way. Until then, know that I am currently battling a moral war with myself.
2 comments:
You nailed it on the head! I just came back from the doctor's and I have an upper respiratory infection--grrr! I can't wait to see you at Homecoming!
The joys of customer service getting to ya?
Post a Comment