Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Previously...

Two blog posts in 24 hours. Don't alert the media. For the last six months, when I lie down to go to sleep, my dreams from the night before come back to me. Last night I realized it's like a television show recap. "Previously, in Melody's psyche." And no, I don't usually pick up where my dreams left off the night before, but that would be awesome.

I have been having strange dreams lately. The most recent, and maybe even the strangest dream ever, I was part of the Dugger family. I was nine months pregnant and in labor, but my husband was out of town. One of my little brothers was supposed to take me to the hospital, but he was being a brat about it. Then when we finally got to the hospital, my pregnant belly had a clear overlay on top of it. It was like those balloons at the florist that you can put stuffed animals inside of. So this was the front of my stomach, and you could see my baby like it was the stuffed animal inside the balloon. Then to top it off - because apparently this was the latest craze, decorating your pregnant belly - the baby was laying in a bed of holly. What the heck?!?!? Seriously, this was the strangest dream ever. On the way to the delivery room, the outer layer popped, and the baby started to come out. It was bad news, but thankfully there was a surgeon nearby who saved my baby so it could be delivered the normal way. Why would I choose the normal way, when it could have come out that way? Seriously weird dream.

I'm leaving for Kansas tomorrow morning!!!

1 comment:

Jen (emsun.org) said...

That... Is one of the best dreams I've ever heard about. Awesome!