After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
January
I'm not sure how I missed the whole month of December! I finally went to Kansas at the beginning of December. Adriane and I realized that our whole friendship is based off of doing nothing together. So we did a whole lot of nothing together. We shopped, she showed me around KU, and we ate. We did all the important stuff. The rest of December was full of parties, birthdays, Christmas, holiday, what have you. I made it home before the blizzard, and I didn't come back until well after the blizzard. Claudia saved the day by keeping Maggie day after day because Sarah and Sarah both got stranded by the blizzard. So thanks Claudia! Maggie loves you dearly. Yes, there was still a ton of snow around, but it's all gross and in the way so you can't cross a street without climbing a mountain of snow. Texas was a nice break. It was unusually warm so most days I didn't even wear a jacket. One day I even had on short sleeves with no jacket. I got to hang out with Melissa and David, Daniel and Jessica. Of course I was with my family a lot. I wasn't ready to leave Texas, but on the other hand, I was completely ready to come back. I was kind of tired of driving at night in the rain. I'm too out of practice for that stuff, which also makes me feel old. NYE I went to Sara's birthday party in Chelsea. It was at Jonathan's office party and was a lot of fun. His office is decorated like a 1950s detective's office, and he has roof access so we went to the roof to count down to midnight. Now we're hitting the ground running getting ready for Nicaragua in February. I think I'm all ready for Deb's wedding in LA. I can't believe how soon it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment