Monday, November 29, 2010

A Catch Up

Wow. Ok. I haven't blogged in a while. Life has felt pretty routine and boring lately, which makes me feel like I have nothing to write about, but in reality, I know it hasn't been that boring or routine. For instance, in mid-October, my roommate Sarah Tsai won us free tickets to the Yankees/Rangers game. Sarah gets lots of free things with her credit card, and we even got to go to a chef demonstration with Michael Psilakis. It was really good! He's a Greek chef here in the city, and he just put out a new cookbook. Anyway, it was free and fabulous. For Halloween, I was Waldo. A lot of people were Waldo this year. Strange. My friends and I went to a benefit for the Midtown Pregnancy Support Center where Sarah and some other friends volunteer. It was $30, and it was unlimited food and drinks plus a DJ. It was a great party.

I went to a Phoenix and Mumford and Sons concert. At the Phoenix concert, there was a surprise performance from Daft Punk, except none of us (at least the people with me) knew it was Daft Punk until the next day. It was kind of hard to hear just talking where we were. Mumford and Sons was a really good show, but I had a drunk, dancing girl in front of me the whole time.

We're in the middle of planning the next Nicaragua trip. Two people have committed to the trip so far, and we're planning on going February 19-26. I'm really excited, and I wish we were going now, but I will wait patiently for February. I leave for Kansas on Wednesday to go visit Adriane. I am also very excited about that. I haven't seen Adriane since last Christmas, and even then we only got to see each other for a few hours. I'm going home for Christmas December 25-31. It'll be a quick trip home, but I think it'll be enough time. In January, I'll be in LA for Deb's wedding! So needless to say, it's going to be a busy few months. The sad thing is that I broke my camera back in September, and I won't let myself replace it until I've paid off my laptop. So I should get on that.

I'm still a vegetarian. I call myself a psuedo-vegetarian, or as one of my friends calls me a Texas vegetarian because I still eat fish, and if I've had a bad day or I'm feeling really protein deprived, I'll have meat. On Halloween I was feeling that way so I had a chicken fried steak, and it was delicious. At the chef demonstration (November 11) he made meat, and I felt like I had to eat it, but that was the last time I had meat. At Thanksgiving, I wasn't even tempted to eat turkey. It was strange.

Shannon and Mitch + company came to New York for Thanksgiving. They were here with Mitch's family so I hung out with them when I could. I met up for them for lunch on Thanksgiving. We had barbecue. :) On Friday we had lunch at the Central Park Boathouse. It was really nice. It's been on my New York bucket list for a while, so I'm glad to cross it off. The view was really gorgeous. They had a Christmas tree in a boat out on the pond. It was cute.

I think that about sums it up for the last couple of months. I'll try to be better about updating. However, this blog's been going five years strong now. You had to know I was going to run out of material eventually.

No comments: