Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Two-A-Days

Ok I did not mean to go almost an entire month without posting. This after all the build up of how I needed to start writing more. Oops. I had a pretty eventful weekend though. Saturday morning my friend Andre and I ate brunch in the West Village. It was my first official planned brunch in the city, and definitely my first brunch in the WV. We went to Garage, which was just ok. You get a free drink with your meal, and if you want for $5 you can have unlimited drinks. We were on our way to a graduation party next though, so we decided not to get the unlimited drink special. Besides, it was only noon. We had some time to kill before the party so I got a pedicure. It was pretty cheap, but one of those where you wish you'd spent the $10 extra to get a nice one.

So our friend Mark just graduated from the Math Department. His boyfriend Jorge flew in from San Francisco and surprised him with a party. It was at the Stonewall Inn, which apparently is a historic and famous gay bar. We had a good time hanging out, and we even played some pool. I'm not sure I'd played a game of pool since Pepperoni's in Mansfield! That was place was awesome. I miss old-school Mansfield! After the party, I met up with Sarah Davis and some others for my first roller derby match. I used to watch roller derby on TV when it came on after the original American Gladiators on Saturday nights (and my parents wondered why I was never ready to get up for church on Sunday mornings...). Roller derby was so awesome. Everyone should go! It was a blast to watch, and my team that I chose randomly won! I actually chose them because they passed out Mayhem signs, so I felt since I had a Mayhem sign to hold, I should support them.

Sunday was my first day of football and softball in the same day. Technically this shouldn't have started until late June, but our spring football team made the playoffs which were on Sunday. So I got a little taste of what this summer will be like. Let me just say yesterday I was incredibly sore, and today I am incredibly sore. We had a really good football game that we eventually lost, BUT I threw my first touchdown! Every third play a girl has to be either the play maker or the intended receiver. We got down to a girl play, and it was my turn to be girl QB. A guy on our team, Dmitry, told me where he was going to run. I waited about a second after the snap, threw the ball, and Dmitry caught it. It was awesome! Chris, Jason and I hung out after the football game and waited for our softball game to start. Thanks to Karen for bringing me food before the softball game; otherwise, I think I might have passed out. We played hard, but we also lost the softball game. We had a great time though. I really like our team, and I enjoy playing no matter what the outcome is.

1 comment:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Glad you are doing good!