Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Perspective

I've had a frustrating day, but I just had one of those moments where I feel like God just put me in my place. I was reading an update on Kate McRae, and I realized that I'm doing that thing we all do where we let the daily grind get to us. We let things like bosses, annoying people, [insert whatever here] get us down. I should be thanking God a million times a day for everything he's doing for me. I'm not worried about any of my relatives, my nieces and nephews are all healthy and don't have to worry about food, clothing or shelter. I don't have to worry about whether or not I'll be able to pay the bills. I'm surrounded by friends who love me like family. I hate all the suffering I see in the world. I pray for God to come and rescue us from what can be a miserable existence for some. I pray that God will bring his kingdom here on earth as it is in heaven. No more pain, no more tears. No more kids with cancer. No more kids with abusive parents. No more orphans. Just us and God with no more distractions. Like it was always meant to be.

All Who Are Thirsty
All who are thirsty
All who are weak
Come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of his mercy
As deep cries out to deep (we sing)

Come Lord Jesus come

No comments: