After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Thursday, March 11, 2010
A Tribute to Mike
I've always known that I'm just like my mom. Bossy, organized...bossy. Never in a million years did I think that I would stop in my tracks and think "oh no, I'm just like my dad," but it happened this morning. A little background information: my dad is notorious for everyone being in the car ready to go somewhere like Florida (seriously it always happened when we were about to leave for vacation), and my dad would be inside for five minutes, then 10 and 20. Finally someone would have to go inside to go get him, and he would be cleaning out his closet. It is a phenomenon that I hear still continues to this day. So this morning, I was already running about 20 minutes late for work. I was trying to find gym clothes for after work when I started looking through my dresser drawers. I noticed I had a ton of t-shirts that I never wear; so I started tossing them onto my bed, and then reorganizing the drawer when I suddenly realized and even said out loud "oh no, I am my dad." I grabbed a t-shirt, closed the dresser drawer and left for work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment