Wednesday, March 03, 2010

New gym...and a little whine

I cannot wait for spring. It feels like it has been snowing or raining every day for the last month. I'm tired of wearing ugly rain boots. I'm tired of carrying an umbrella. And I'm definitely tired of planning my outfits around the weather. Ok I'm done.

I joined a gym a couple of weeks ago, and I've been doing a fairly good job about going regularly. The first week I got sick at the end of the week (thanks to a lack of sleep), and then last week got really busy, but this week has potential to be a good gym week. It's a women's gym - not like Curves though. I can't decide if I like it better or worse than Curves. I got bored with Curves after a while. I think that place is great if you have a friend to go with every day that you can talk to while you work out, but if you're going alone, it gets a little boring. My gym has different classes (which today I can feel in my legs and back), machines and weights. I try to mix it up a little bit. So my goal is to get back to my 22-year-old body. It's a lofty goal, but if I hit somewhere in the middle of that and where I am now, I'll be happy. If I actually reach my 22-year-old body, it'll be the jack pot. Yesterday's class was a dance class. I have never felt more white in my entire life. To begin with, there's at most two other white girls in the class with me. So add in a salsa/dance aerobics/hip hop class, and I'm the whitest I've ever been. I'm hoping with time I'll get better? We'll see.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So true about Curves -- I loved it when you and I and Adriane all went together! Alone, kind of boring.

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Robin actually got the shirt for me somewhere in Ft. Worth so I could show off my Texas pride to all these Yankees.