Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Week

Not too much is going on in my world these days. I got really, really sick this week. I had 102 fever, threw up some but mainly I just couldn't eat. Scott took me to the walk-in clinic so I could get a shot for my fever, but I still didn't feel well. I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it home for Thanksgiving, but thanks to the Kilmers I did. They dropped me off in North Richland Hills, and my sweet dad came and picked me up from my cousin Amanda's house. It was fun to see her and Lanny for a few minutes.

I spent most of Thanksgiving Day in bed but did manage to take a shower and do my hair for family pictures. I ate a small piece of turkey, a spoonful of dressing and a bite of green bean casserole for my Thanksgiving meal. If only I could eat that way all the time! This morning I babysat the kids (aka slept) while Shelley and Wes hit the early sales. Typically I go first and come back and then send them out, but since I didn't start feeling ok until last night and there was nothing I really wanted, I just sent them instead. Right now it is the quietest I have ever heard it in my sister's house. She threatened the kids within an inch of their life if they got up before she did from a nap. Good times at the Jones house.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I sure do look forward to the day when Casen is swayed by threats like that. I was glad you got to ride with us. (Sorry you had to suffer through Casen's music choices though.) And, I'm glad you're not knocking on death's door anymore.