I always forget how much I love traveling until I travel. It's adventurous. You never know what's going to happen which keeps you on your toes. Yesterday was not disastrous, but it was fun. I arrived at the Abilene airport and knew five people on my plane. We arrived in Dallas on time and with no mishaps. After finding my gate, I hung out for a while got some food, hung out some more and began wondering about my plane. I had never heard them say New Orleans, but I knew I was at C29 which was the gate they told me I was leaving from. I began hearing announcements for Colorado City 10 minutes after I was supposed to be boarding for New Orleans. I ran up to the gate at the screen to realize that I had been moved the C27. Thankfully it was only about 30 feet from C29 to C27. I ran over, handed the lady my boarding pass at 12:51 and she said "oh Melody, we've been looking for you."
I took the airport shuttle to the Hilton Riverside where I am staying (after waiting for 45 minutes and nearly dying several times due to the driving of my shuttle driver) and realized that I am right beside the aquarium I wanted to go to and the mall. I was ecstatic. Last night I walked around and looked for somewhere to eat. I found canal street but couldn't really find anywhere I wanted to eat. I met a homeless man who told me he survived Katrina, which is really amazing when you think about it. Someone without a car or a home surviving something that some people with homes and cars didn't survive. Finally I found a place pretty close to my hotel called Club 528. It was amazing. The atmosphere was romantic with a three piece band playing. I had meatballs, listened to the music for a while and went on my way back to my hotel.
Anyway, it definitely has not been disastrous, but it has been interesting and fun. I can't wait to see what the next couple of days bring.
1 comment:
hey i just found your blog! i hope you are doing well. obytheway, i like your profile pic on facebook. super cute. love the hair.
Post a Comment