Wednesday, June 20, 2007

General Update

It's been a while since I've posted and there's been lots going on. Twentysomethings is going very well. We're meeting every week and having lots of fun. Last night we made ice cream sundaes and hung out and a few weeks ago they tried to teach me how to play croquet. Let's just say croquet is not my sport.

This past weekend Scott, Kevin and I went to pick up my piano from my sister's house in Mansfield. It was definitely an adventure. It rained all along I-20 that day and in Mansfield pretty much the whole time we were there. Acutally moving the piano didn't seem that bad...I was an innocent bystander and let the strong men do the work. We made it to Abilene without any drama or anything breaking. I was impressed. It's been fun having my piano back. Funny how growing up I hated playing it and now I get really excited when I have a chance to sit down and play. I guess that's how most things are in life, you can't appreciate something until you've lived without it.

The most drama in my life has been health issues. Overall I am fine. I still have really bad stomach pains a lot, but they can't find the problem. The most likely candidate is my gall bladder but they have to get something to show up on my testing before they can take it out. The doctor ordered me to have a Colonoscopy done this week...that's right, me, the 24-year-old having a test done that most people have at the age of 50. The Colonoscopy has been a harsh reality check though. Dr. Haynes wants me to have one done every three years now. I was hoping this was something I could pretend that I didn't have to worry about until I was at least 35. Oh well. That's life, right?

No comments: