Thursday, December 21, 2006

We're Gonna Party Like It's My Birthday

Today is my 24th birthday. This year I am not sick and lying on my couch thinking that I'm dying-so wooo hoo it's already better than last year. It's sad when being at work on your birthday is better than what you did the year before on your birthday. I'm determined that this year will be better. We're having our office Christmas party today, so I got to wear jeans AND we'll be out of the office for a few hours.

Tonight, Adriane, Scott and I are going to dinner and to see Charlotte's Web. Adriane also ordered a Banana Cream pie for my birthday. I'm super excited about all of our plans for the evening. Too bad Deb's not here to join in the festivities. Maybe next year.

I wrapped all of my Christmas presents for my dad, Pam, Shelley, Wes and the kids. I managed to fill up all of the floor under my Christmas tree. Growing up my mom used to give us tons of Christmas presents, and in July, she would clean out her closet and find all of the things she forgot to give us for Christmas. So it was like having Christmas all over again in July. Well I found that I do something similar. I buy Christmas and birthday presents for months so when the event comes, I realize that I've bought an overload of presents. Last night I realized that all my sister asked for was a CD, and I had bought a DVD, CD, a necklace and an assortment of Mary Englebreit stuff. Same story with my brother-in-law, niece and nephews. So when I think I've bought just one or two things for them, it turns out I have a treasure chest in my closet filled with gifts. Oh well-good news for them.

1 comment:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Chyeah! Bowling is a given!