Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Adriane, Deb and I had our family Christmas on Monday night. We started cooking, realized we were going to have to go to the store, quickly stopped cooking and decided to go out to eat. After dinner we opened our presents and true to Christmas form started playing with them immediately. First we used Deb's iPod speakers to see how they worked, then we opened and listened to my CD and then tried our luck at Adriane's new jigsaw puzzle. What a great Christmas. And Emma is not in the family picture because she got in trouble and wasn't allowed to participate in the festivities.

Kimberly Tucker has graciously agreed to take care of Maggie and Emma so that I can go home for Christmas. So I guess I will be going home after all but only for a couple of days. I also told John T Tarrant that I would take a visit to San Angelo the week after Christmas, and Doug Crum has built a gigantic picture frame for me and is holding it hostage in Sweetwater. So hopefully I'll be making two trips after Christmas.

Did you see the owl in the picture??? I bought that owl at the Cracker Barrell after making fun of people who buy things at Cracker Barrell, and I love it so much that I decided to keep it up all year long. Adriane and Deb help me change his costumes to match the season. For Halloween he came with a sign that said boo. For Thanksgiving Adriane made him an Indian costume out of a paper sack and a headband with feathers. And obviously for Christmas, he has a Santa hat and a scarf. I love that owl!

One week left to shop for my birthday!!! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You guys are just too cute with your dog and your Christmas tree. Maggie needs reindeer ears though, so she can be like Max in The Grinch.

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

I love the owl! He is so adorably retro!