Saturday, November 18, 2006

Start Spreading The News

I'm not going to lie, I have definitely neglected my blog recently. Things have been CRAZY at work, and it's not looking like it's going to slow down anytime soon. We just finished Open Enrollment for our employees, which is where they can go in and change any benefits they want to change. I've also done two presentations to large groups of people in the last couple of weeks, and I hate public speaking. It's weird because I find myself to be a sociable person, but I hate speaking in front of large groups of people. I get really nervous, I shake, my mouth gets dry. It's awful. But I'm getting better.

My friend Brooke came to see me this weekend. She passed the bar and was sworn in this week; so we're doing a little celebrating. I love Brooke. We've been friends for as long as I can remember. And even though she used to cheat in Monopoly, we're still friends today.

Here's my wishlist for Christmas: lose 15 pounds or so for Grand Cayman; get a new toothbrush; go see a Dallas Stars game; and just generally be more happy.

I am very grateful for lots of things in my life, but right now I am most thankful for my trip to New York. I have not taken more than one day off from work in a long time, and I am looking forward to being out of the office. Of course I'll be checking email, but that is a small price to pay to be in New York for a week. Adriane and Deborah got me the carry-on suitcase to the luggage I bought...it really was the perfect gift. So very soon I should have pictures from New York and Thanksgiving. If there's anything you want from NY, just let me know.

1 comment:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

When are ya'll going to NY? And I love the toothbrush on your Christmas list!