







First let me say that I am exhausted. I am currently sitting in my hotel room alone and scantily clad and thoroughly enjoying the alone time. We arrived around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, but Shelley missed the flight by like five minutes. So we waited at La Guardia for her to arrive. We checked into the hotel and met some of Tara and Shannon's friends for dinner. The restuarant was really good and a lot of fun. After dinner we went to Macy's and shopped and then walked around the area.
We had to go to bed early Tuesday night because we had tickets for Good Morning America on Wednesday and had to be in line by 6:15 a.m. We were in one of the inside studios and got to watch a couple of the weather segments and then a segment with Diane Sawyer. We got a few pictures from inside, but not many, but it was a lot of fun. After GMA, we got breakfast and headed over to see the Rockette's Christmas Show. The most annoying girl in the world sat behind me. She yelled during the entire performance and stood up with her hands on the back of my seat, yelling into my ear. I almost smacked her. The Rockettes were gorgeous though and the show actually had a very religious ending. I was surprised.
Next was the NBC Studio Tour. We saw the sets for Dateline and Saturday Night Live. Shelley recorded the news, and I did the weather, and that was about it on the studio tour. We went back to the hotel to meet up with Tara and Shannon who had called and gotten us standby tickets for David Letterman. I was trying not to get my hopes up so I wouldn't be disappointed, but we all got in!
Richard Simmons and Kate Walsh were on, and the show was hilarious! Definitely my favorite thing so far. After the recording, Shelley and I headed down to the Empire State Building to cross that off the list. I went up to the observatory by myself, so I didn't get any good pictures, plus it was cloudy. It is really pretty up there at night though. After the Empire State Building I was exhausted! We went back to the hotel and I caught up on email and went to bed.
I have some funny stories from today, but they'll have to wait...we're about to go to the Producers.
No comments:
Post a Comment