I've been reading a book that my boss gave me called Vital Friends. It's about all the different types of friends we have in our lives and the different roles they play.
So the book is by Gallup, and they've done tons of research on how friendships even affect your job satisfaction. It says that if you have even just one vital friend at work, then you are more likely to have a higher overall job satisfaction. And the odds jump dramatically if you have two vital friends at work.
So basically, if you don't like your job, you should try to make a good friend at work, and then maybe you'll like your job more. Who knew.
The thing I found most interesting was the point that we sometimes try to make one person in our life fit every role, and that's just not possible. As I read about all the different roles, I'm visualizing all my friends that fit that role. It really is amazing to know that God put each person in my life for a specific reason, and now I am beginning to understand how all my friendships with different people work together.
No comments:
Post a Comment