Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Seeing Stars

The first Stars game was last night (preseason), and we won 5-2. Oh what bliss. I think it's going to be a very good season, but time will tell. Tonight's the first televised game, and it's against what I consider to be our biggest rival, the Colorado Avalanche. It's funny to think that my obsession with hockey began with the movie The Mighty Ducks. Something as simple as watching a movie has actually carried into adulthood.

Yesterday Deb and I went to a lecture on Invisible Children. The guy who spoke was the brother of one of the three guys who filmed Invisible Children. I had no idea that it was done with absolutely no budget and kind of on a whim. The guys went out there to film about another tragedy they had heard about, but instead they heard the story of Invisible Children and changed their minds. They're concept behind how they want to attract people to Invisible Children is different than most organizations. Instead of showing the grim side and trying to guilt people into helping, they are trying to make it exciting...weird, huh? But it's working.

If you haven't seen it yet, you need to watch A Musical To Change the World or any of their podcasts. www.invisiblechildren.com

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Can I borrow Vital Friends sometime? That sounds interesting.