Last night after work, I went running for the first time in like six months. I thought I was going to die. I ran a full mile and walked about a quarter mile after that, and I was starting to get worried that a car was going to stop and ask if I needed help. Maggie and I set off on our journey strong, and Maggie finished strong, which stirred some hatred in my excessively beating heart. How could she not go running for six months and be fine? Completely not fair.
I used to actually hate running, but I found a love for it this last summer, a time one would think running could never be fun. It's incredibly hot, and I'm usually dripping in sweat by the time I finish running in the summer, and I hate sweating. But I loved running. It would clear my head every day after work. I would go from completely stressed out to feeling great in 15 minutes.
The other night at our small group, we talked about solitude and making sure there's time when there's not any noise around you. Even though I'm still doing something when I'm running, it's a time that it's just me and God...well and Maggie but she can't really talk.
Since it had been six months since I had been running, I had to motivate myself a little bit. Over Christmas I wanted to start running so I bought new shoes, but that didn't work. The other night I was inspired again to run so this time Deb and I bought headbands as motivation, and, alas, it worked. So when you see my running with my headband, be proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment