Today is one of those days where I wish I was 16 again, and my biggest problem is that my mom won't let me drive down Cooper Street because it houses "the most dangerous intersection in America," which of course everyone knows is Cooper and I20. Duh. So my mom might have been a little melodramatic about me driving.
I love life...I really do. I love all of my friends, I love my apartment, and I sometimes love my job (but I do love ACU). And I love that I still have friends at home that we can not talk for months, pick up the phone and it's like we still hang out every day. But I am so completely frustrated with life right now.
Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do in May when I finish my job. I don't know. I wish I did. I wish I could tell you that in May I will __________ after my job here and then I will move to ___________ and live with __________. I promised myself that I wasn't going to think about it or try to make plans until January because so much is going to change between now and May (or even March/April when I start looking for a job), but now that everyone's asking me, I'm thinking about it. Do I really only have five months left to think about it??? Where did the last seven months go? I guess I better start making some plans. So here goes nothing...
I am going to take my savings account and combine it with Adriane's. We will invest our money into two plane tickets, a tent, a cooler, coconuts and rum. We will move to an island where there are no hurricanes, sleep in a tent on the beach until we have enough money to buy a mansion. During the day we will sell pina coladas on the beach (while we drink them as well). After we buy our mansion, we will move to London where we will open a bookstore for travelers. (I can't give too many details on that otherwise someone will steal my money making plan.) Then we will sell the bookstore and move to Italy to open a bed and breakfast with a vineyard attached where tourists can stomp grapes. I forgot to mention that Adriane and myself will fall in love in London with two brothers and on the way to Italy we will stop in Paris and get married on the street (even though I think I've officially been banned from Paris). We will have children and we won't name them, we will simply tattoo a number on their forehead (numbers will be assigned by birth order), and they will work in the vineyard. We will travel the world and retire and die at our bed and breakfast and be buried in the vineyard.
I think that covers it all.
2 comments:
Haha! I love the plan! If that doesn't work you could find a job down here in CS!
Well said, my friend, well said! In fact I think I might steal your paragraph and add it to my blog...it give me hope!
Post a Comment