I heard a quote yesterday that was really cool, and if I wasn't on so much cold medicine I could tell you who said it, but I am on a lot of cold medicine so I can't remember.
"What you are is ringing so loudly in my head that I cannot hear what you are saying."
Pretty powerful words.
***
On another note, I sound like a man right now. I have had a cold thanks to either Susan Lewis or Jessica Caffey's first grade class, I'm not sure which one is responsible. It's really not that bad, but everyone keeps asking me if I'm dying...I'm not in case you were wondering. I'm really excited about Friday night. Scott's band is playing at The Door in Dallas, and lots of friends from home are coming and hopefully my stepcousin will be joining us as well.
***
I finished Blue Like Jazz this weekend. I enjoyed it. The writer nailed so many things that I had questioned growing up in the church like the logistics of believing in what we believe as Christians, how frustrating the church can be socially and politically and other modern vs. post-modern issues. Now I'm starting one of his other books, Through Painted Deserts.
No comments:
Post a Comment