Friday, October 28, 2005

Too Much to Handle

So tomorrow is the U2 concert. After months of anticipation, I find myself completely unprepared. I have not made a t-shirt that says "Will Work for Bono" or one that says "I 'heart' DATA" or even one that says "Bono Rocks My World." I have not made any signs, haven't decided what I'm going to wear or even what time we are leaving tomorrow. Worst of all, I took off my ONE bracelet while I was sick so that I could sleep better, and I still haven't put it back on.

I OFFICIALLY SUCK. I don't think I am worthy enough to call myself a U2 fan anymore.

I must find the road to redemption. Tonight, after the drive in, I will go home and make a t-shirt. I will put my ONE bracelet back on! I will talk to my fellow traveling companions, and we will decide a departure time. I will get an adequate amount of sleep so that I am as alert as possible for any Bono encounters. We will arrive at the concert absurdly early in case we can stand outside and maybe see the band. I will listen to nothing but U2 for the next 72 hours. And I will get cash out today for concert memorabilia tomorrow.

I will begin again.