Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A New Day

I have a new goal: to blog once a week. We'll see if I make that goal. I just feel like I've been asleep lately in all areas of life. It's been a hard month, but even before that things haven't been great. However, I feel like now is the turnaround. For a couple of weeks I've been saying "things can only get better from here!" Then something bad happens to prove me wrong. :) Yesterday, though, was a great day. I took Maggie to the vet about a bad spot on her leg. It turned out it was nothing, and the vet didn't even charge me for the visit! Then everything I needed at the grocery store was on sale last night, and to top it off, I stopped by Petco to stock up on Maggie's bones - they were half off. Now this may sound ridiculous to you, but if you knew the month I had, you'd be celebrating with me. Oh, and Adriane sent me a Starbucks gift card, which is always a nice surprise.

All these things happened on what would have been my mom's 64th birthday. Usually I tend to think of it as a negative day, but I'm trying to change my attitude in all areas of life, and I think now I'm going to start thinking of it as a day my mom is looking down on me for sure. Those of you who knew my mom know that she'd be watching out to roll her eyes at whatever I was wearing/doing/watching, but that just makes me laugh remembering her. In January it will be ten years since she died. I can't believe that much time has passed. It still feels so recent to me, but yet, I also know so much has happened.

I've been trying to remind myself that God works through all things for his good. I know this is true, and I try to remind myself by looking at how he's worked through my past. I look at my family now and see how he took two tragic situations and made us one happy family. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store.

No comments: