Thursday, February 04, 2010

Very Blessed

Saturday night my roommates and I finally had our housewarming party. Yes, we did move into this place in August, and yes, it was January last weekend, but it was the first time we were all in town on the weekend with nothing else going on when there wasn't a hole in our floor. I panicked a little about the party because we had 46 people RSVP yes. What if they all showed up at the same time? I tried not to worry about it because people tend to come to parties in shifts in NYC, and indeed, it worked itself out naturally. Our apartment was packed, but I don't think it was anything crazy, and people seemed to have a good time. It was fun to have all our friends over. I just wish our living room space was big enough that we could have had everyone standing in there and playing rock band or something. Oh well.

Our soccer team is not doing very well. We've lost both the games we've played, and last week was dismal. We got scored on more times than Joey's sister (shameless Friends reference), but I was really proud of our team because we kept a good attitude and stayed in the game. When our team scored our first goal late in the second half, we went crazy. I found it adorable. We don't have a game this week because of the Super Bowl (Go Saints!), and the next week a bunch of us will be in the Poconos. I cannot wait to go to the Poconos! There are 19 of us going to a lodge with a hot tub. I'm not going to ski, but I am going to go tubing. I'm also debating whether or not to pack up the Wii and bring it. Its presence has been requested so we can play rock band, but I think it'll be a last-minute decision.

This Saturday my fellowship group is volunteering together from 2-9 p.m. I think we will be exhausted at the end of it, but I am excited to see what kind of opportunities God presents us with! I'll give more details about that after Saturday.

No comments: