Last Saturday my friend Michelle and I had a joint birthday party. Michelle and I were born on the same day and same year. Our friend Chris told us we're called super storgans, but I can't find that term anywhere on Google, so I think he made it up. We wanted kind of a low-key, inexpensive birthday, but something more than just hanging out at our apartments. Our friend Dan lives in Newark, NJ, and his apartment building has a bowling alley that you can reserve for free! Dan reserved it for us, brought his speakers so we could have music and even picked up some food for us. He's an amazing host. He even made us hand-made score sheets when the computers didn't work. The alley has shoes, balls and a kitchenette. It was perfect. Of course though, true to my birthday traditions, the biggest snow storm of the year happened the day of our party. In the afternoon it wasn't so bad, just a little bit of snow. People still treked out to Jersey with us. By the time we left it was a full-on blizzard. The wind was blowing so hard we could barely walk. I couldn't see in front of me so I just had to assume I was walking in the right direction. Then on the way home, my friend and I got stuck in the subway for half an hour. It was not pleasant. Overall though the party was great. We even got to sneak up to another party because not all of their guests showed up because of the storm.
I made it home to Texas despite the blizzard. My flight on Sunday got canceled. I called to get a new flight and after holding for an hour the only flight out they had left was on Christmas Eve at 6 a.m. out of Newark. I called back that night and got a flight for Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. out of White Plains. The problem was that because the flight was so early the trains stopped running right when I needed them to get to the airport on time. I could have gone out at 3 a.m. and just hung out at the airport, but instead I got a car and paid $80 to sleep until 3:45 a.m. Thankfully my driver called early and woke me up otherwise I would have overslept. My trip to Texas has been crazy but fun. I'll have to blog more about it later. Let me just say that I feel like it would not be unreasonable for me to hire a personal assistant.
No comments:
Post a Comment