Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Knew...

I knew when I blogged about how blessed I was that I was asking for it, and it came. First of all people started being really mean on the street, and I thought maybe that was the end of it, but I was wrong. Yesterday in the mail I received my rejection letter from Columbia. It stung a little bit, but I will be ok. I realized that this is the first academic goal I've set that I haven't reached on the first try. Granted it is an Ivy league school, so it could take a little more effort than I put in (like actually taking the GRE). I think what I'm more upset about is being out the $50 application fee - haha! So no, I will not be starting grad school in the fall, which I think will end up being a blessing. I'm going to look up dates for the GRE, the application deadline for the spring, and then I'll decide if I want to reapply.

Here's a little bit of a pick-me-up for the downer above. Our new football shirts are black, which means at the games we get really hot in the sun. After the game I was trying to say that I think our black shirts make it harder to play in because we lose energy faster...instead it came out "it's not easy being black." The one black guy on our team thankfully found my word mishap hilarious. Seriously I need to learn to filter.

1 comment:

hannah said...

bummer! Sorry about not getting in. :(