Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy One Year Anniversary!

It was one year ago today that Shelley, Wes and I finally made it to New York City! Obviously a lot has happened in a year, and I am way more connected to this city than I ever thought I'd be at this point. So a year ago I had no friends (in NYC), no roommates, nowhere to live, no job, but I did have money! Now, I have plenty of wonderful friends, two roommates, I'm on my third apartment, third job, and I have no money! Haha. I will have money soon now that I'm living with roommates. I was thinking this post was going to be more sentimental, but I'm exhausted and my boss said I could leave anytime I want now, so I'm going home to take a nap to celebrate my one-year anniversary. Oh, one little ironic piece of trivia for you. The night before we arrived in NYC, we stayed in Harrisburg, PA. Almost a year to the date, I stayed in Pottstown, PA. I found that funny. I went to Pottstown for Rachel Zaneksi and Ryan Elam's wedding. It was a sweet ceremony followed by a great reception. The Zaneskis were kind enough to let me stay with one of the bridesmaids (Terri Crites) at the hotel so that I didn't have to get a room on my own. And thankfully Terri didn't mind having me around. It was a quick trip, but a lot of fun. I want to go back to Philadelphia so I can see the Liberty Bell and the rest of the city. That was my first small trip outside of the city though, and I did it all by myself. I was really proud of myself for finding all the places I needed to be without getting lost or getting on the wrong bus.

No comments: