Friday, January 04, 2008

SFO to DFW

I've said it before on my blog, and I'll say it again. I love traveling. I love the adventure of not knowing what's going to happen. I love seeing new places and learning what's outside of my front door. I crave adventure at times. I used to drive to concerts a lot because I loved going on a road trip, getting into a pit and getting a black eye, bouncing up and down at the front of the pit listening to a band that made my heart race. I don't do that anymore. Mainly because I'm 25, and feel extremely old at concerts. On my way back to Abilene I listened to Something Corporate. A rush of memories flooded my brain, and I found myself bouncing up and down in my car like an idiot. I'm sure I gave people on I20 a good laugh. I used to do that more often too. I'd make an idiot of myself and not care. It's not that I care these days, but it doesn't seem like the opportunity presents itself as much as it used to. On New Year's Eve in San Francisco, Melissa, David and I were waiting for the Bart to come. Melissa said "do you think we could make that guy think we were a mirror?" looking at the guy at the platform across the tracks. We laughed and moved on. A few minutes later I said hey can you turn your right leg clockwise and your right arm counterclockwise at the same time? Melissa and David tried it and failed miserably. We looked up, and the guy across the platform was mirroring us! It was so hilarious. We were laughing so hard we were crying. To have someone mirror us being morons and think it was as funny as we did was priceless. He was cute too! I wish I had more moments like that these days. A little more adventure in the every day life. I feel like it could be time to go find that adventure somewhere, but it's a scary thought that I'm beginning to blame for my lack of sleep lately. Maybe next New Year's Eve, I'll be getting a guy on a platform to mirror me in New York. In a New York minute...

No comments: