This week I played Bingo for the first time. It changed my life. Ok not really, but it was a lot of fun. Stressful at first, fun at the end. Sometimes I get addicted to little things for a while and then forget about them. Like lottery tickets. My freshman year I used to save up my change and go buy a scratch off. The problem is that I would win. So then I would buy more scratch off tickets until I had lost money. I couldn't just walk away, I had to keep playing until it wasn't fun anymore. It's a good thing I had someone to pull me away from Bingo. Earlier this summer my obsession was cranberry limeades. I would drink them like water. I wonder what it is that makes me suddenly forget about these things like they never existed. But I guess I should be thankful for not being always addicted to something. Although I think I am addicted to my things.
I love my things: my car, my clothes, my shoes, my TV, my books. If I bought it, I probably love it. I always want to buy more, have more, replace something. I don't ever have enough. One day I want to sell everything I have, give it to the poor and actually follow the Lord.
1 comment:
Melody, don't go to Vegas.
Post a Comment