Thursday, January 11, 2007

Let Freedom Ring

I am officially on my own. I've pretty much been on my own since graduation, but my dad and Pam paid for my Cingular bill for one more year as part of my Christmas present last year. It was a nice present. But this week, I transferred the account to my name, and I am supported no longer. I look at all the shopping I did after Christmas, and all my bills coming up, and it's scary! I should have taken the new monthly bill into account before I bought all my beautiful new clothes. But of course, I'm not going to take any of them back. I like them all too much. Besides, I've got my tax return coming soon...maybe...hopefully.

Melissa called this weekend, and she and David have moved their wedding to Mansfield. So no more San Francisco in September. I'm going to try and visit still sometime this summer if I can get my shopping habits under control and save some money. Oh the little things that make you feel like a grown up, like paying for a trip.

The other thing that makes me feel like a grown up is getting excited about a conference. There is a conference in Las Vegas that I was trying to go to, but my boss Suzanne suggested I look into the IABC conference, and I think I might go to that instead. It's in New Orleans and at a better time of year, and I think it'll be much cheaper than the Las Vegas one. I haven't been to New Orleans since I was ten years old, so I think that will be fun. Now to find someone to go with me so I have something to do at night. At least that trip I won't have to pay for my hotel. It's also weird to think about going to a conference for an association that was in my text books in college but also very cool.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Were you going to go to the banner conference? Eric and I are going to Vegas March 18-22 so we would have been there at the same time! I wish you were going!

Unknown said...

No it was a communications conference, and I think it was March 7-9.